Please read below for updates with regard to COVID-19 at Bliss MediSpa
April 1, 2022
No masks required, negative Covid test within 72 hours of your visit if you have been out of the country in the last five days.
February 8, 2022
No QR codes required for entry into yoga or the spa and we are now able to service water, tea and cookies in the spa. International Travel policy still required a negative Covid test within 72 hours of your visit.
Masking is still required in all public areas.
November 15, 2021
Bliss will be adopting the QR code requirements for yoga per AHS. Submission is per below will continue.
Bliss has updated it’s International Travel Policy in that you must provide a negative covid test within 72 hours of your visit to Bliss if you have travelled within the last five (5) days.
September 20, 2021 AHS Restriction Exemptions
After many months of continual revision of our small business operations throughout this pandemic, we have understood that with each phase, new and different measures must be applied. We will be adapting the AHS Restriction Exemptions Program (REP) for yoga classes. We do not want to close our studio so we our only choice is to comply with this program.
In order to respect the privacy of our valued guests we will adapt this program using electronic submission of the AHS requirements. Submission via electronic means will assist our clients in maintaining their privacy.
Required documents for the Restriction Exemptions Program will be accepted via:
Our goal is to eliminate documents at our front desk during check in. We are not able to ensure discretion in this high traffic area.
All electronic submissions of AHS requirements must be received no later than two hours prior to your scheduled visit, in order to avoid cancellation of your reservation. Reservations will be cancelled and cancellation notification sent within one hour of your scheduled visit. (See messaging in yoga section regarding transfer to virtual options)
Daily Covid Symptom Screening waivers are also required on the day of treatment or class. Screening waivers can be completed by clicking the link on your confirmation. All Guests regardless of vaccination status must complete a screening waiver.
Our protocols for submission are intended for the benefit of our guests, while also respecting our front desk environment. Our facility, for many, is a retreat and a personal care and wellness sanctuary. Our teaching and client care professionals have worked very hard to maintain our standards throughout this pandemic. We will continue to strive to have a respectful and non-divisive environment. Please join us in creating a united front against COVID.
As per the AHS Mandates the following requirements apply:
To Attend a Yoga Class
- proof of vaccination
- full vaccination (2 doses) accepted as of September 20
- partial vaccination (one dose) accepted September 20 to October 25 if received two weeks before time of class
full vaccination (two doses) required as of October 25
Proof of full vaccination is only required once. We will update your client profile to include confirmation of receipt of vaccination.
Partially vaccinated clients will need to submit proof of full vaccination as of October 25.
Alternately proof of a privately-paid negative PCR or rapid test within 72 hours of service (tests from AHS or Alberta Precision Laboratories not allowed) is required each visit (if after 72 hours).
Masking is mandatory in all client common areas with the exception of when in studio on your mat.
Proof of vaccination must be submitted electronically at least two hours prior to your scheduled Yoga Class or Workshop using the link on your email confirmation. Failure to provide the Restriction Exemptions program requirement will result in removal from the in person offering and alternatively be added to our virtual equivalent of the class. A link to the virtual class will be sent to your email on file and equivalent value deducted from your class pass.
To Attend Spa :
- Masking and physical distancing are mandatory while in all client common areas this includes our pedicure room, locker rooms and relaxation spaces
- Masks are required during the face up portion of massage treatments
- Masks are not required during treatments of the face including but not limited to facials, waxings, and laser services.
Walk in Retail clients are still welcome with masking. We will be honoring the following restrictions in our spa:
- 1/3 Firecode capacity
- Physical distancing
September 4, 2021 Mask Mandate
- Masks are mandatory in all indoor public spaces and workplaces.
- Employees must mask in all indoor work settings, except in work stations.
- Masks are not required while participating in a physical fitness activity, performance activity, or a worship service at a place of worship.
July 1, 2021 Update:
- Masks are no longer required in indoor spaces for our Spa guests and Yoga Students; clients are welcome to use masks for their personal comfort.
- Team members will continue using masks when in close contact with guests and treatment team masks are mandatory.
- Self service beverages will be available in the spa and yoga lounges. We will sanitize regularly, however as we cannot guarantee attention to all areas prior to multiple use, sanitizing wipes and hand sanitizer will be provided for client use.
- Locker rooms are fully open and sanitized in regular intervals. We will sanitize regularly, however as we cannot guarantee attention to all areas prior to multiple use, sanitizing wipes and hand sanitizer will be provided for client use.
- We have added Molukule air purifiers in both the pedicure room and yoga studio.
- Covid waivers are still in effect for guests/team members. Anyone experiencing Covid symptoms will not be permitted at Bliss.
- Guests or staff members who have been travelling internationally will not be permitted within 14 days of arrival to Canada.
- Inter-provincial travel is now accepted with no waiting period.
- Coat check service for spa guests will resume.
- Couples in-room services will resume .
- Guests are asked to continue practicing physical distancing when possible in locker room areas.
June 1, 2021 Update:
We’re at Stage 1 again! It’s very exciting that Stage 2 is expected to come on June 10. Right now, spa is fully open, but still with PPE, continued sanitation practises, daily covid waivers and mandatory mask usage. We anticipate Stage 2 to open up yoga with 10 people in the studio. If all goes as promised, we’re hoping to see Stage 3 in July with fully operational yoga! Won’t that be amazing!!
May 9, 2021 Update:
3 weeks! Esthetics and medical spa services will be closed for three weeks as of today.
April 4, 2021 Update:
Third time’s a charm... in-studio yoga is now closed until further notice. Please head to our Video on Demand and live streaming to continue your practice.
March 3, 2021 Update:
It’s so exciting that we are able to have 10 people in the studios for yoga at this time! However, masks are mandatory in the facility at all times including on your mat.
January 14, 2021 Update:
We are so happy about today’s announcement that we can reopen on Monday, January 18th, albeit to spa only, but hopefully yoga will follow soon! We learned a lot about perseverance, dedication and loyalty over the last while and we thank the Bliss family for staying true!
We will continue to stagger appointment start times with protective measures in place and to maintain our current high standards in sanitation practices that allow us to exceed the provincial guidelines.
Our online store remains open for spa and yoga, and you can select contactless curbside pick up or delivery.
Yoga will continue to be offered virtually via live stream through MindBody and our extensive Vimeo library, and we hope to offer an update soon for our yoga re-opening.
December 23 Update:
Beginning December 27, we have been permitted to open Massage Therapy Services with the understanding of our social responsibility, and in adherence with the limitations outlined by both the Chief Medical Officer and all massage associations.
- Clients will be required to provide a referral letter that will be kept on file (valid if issued within the last 12 months). You have the option of texting a photo, emailing a photo or bringing in the referral with you ([email protected]). We cannot complete the treatment without this form prior to your appointment.
- Couples massages will not be booked until we resume full spa operations.
- Clients will be required to wear masks during the face up exposed portion of treatment; This restriction will continue into 2021 until further notice
- All Covid 19 prevention protocols will continue to be in place.
December 12 update:
With heavy hearts we we will be closing for the mandated four week shut down effective December 13. While this news is hard to hear for not only us and our staff, but for so many small local businesses - we truly hope that it will help to lower the province’s numbers.
Our online retail will be available with contactless curb side pick up and delivery options. Acupuncture appointments will still be available on Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays during the closure. In person retail will also be available with capacity limits in place and modified business hours; rest assured we will have front desk staff on every day to assist you.
It is so important to maintain our mental and physical well-being during these times of stress and unknown, so we are happy to continue to offer online yoga both Streaming and Vimeo.
We have, and will continue to uphold the highest in cleaning and disinfecting protocols. Diligently following the AHS guidelines allowed us to operate COVID free.
Our heartfelt thanks to everyone who continues to support us, it is the strength of this community that will keep us moving stronger than ever into 2021!
Thank you again for your unwavering support. It means the world!
November 12, 2020 UPDATE:
Yoga Class Suspension
In accordance with the announcement made today by the Government of Alberta, we will be temporarily closing our in-studio classes for 14 days starting Friday, November 13th. This is a mandatory measure in response to recent developments with COVID-19, and is intended to ensure the health and well-being of our Bliss family and our community.
Although in-studio classes & registered classes are cancelled during this period, we strongly encourage you to continue your practice with us online with streaming classes and our Vimeo subscription. Yoga is so important for our mental well-being and we want you to continue to benefit from it. Your studio pass is good for all streaming classes and we will keep our current yoga class schedule.
Our November Yoga Challenge will continue without interruption with streaming classes counting towards your class count for the month. These are accessible through our app, our website and the MindBody app. (Please note that Vimeo does not count towards the Challenge)
Our spa operations will remain open and we will continue to stagger appointment start times with protective measures in place and to maintain our current high standards that allow us to exceed the provincial guidelines for our clients who choose a self care retreat with peace of mind. We want to continue to be a place of respite during these truly uncertain times.
We will continue to follow up with AHS to confirm that yoga is included in the group fitness class closure and update you as we know more, including our confirmed reopening date. We continue to be in awe of this incredible community; your support humbles us and we are forever grateful.
June 12 UPDATE:
Bliss MediSpa is committed to providing a safe facility for our guests and our team. Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic we have implemented new measures as per AHS guidelines. Please read about our amended measures before entering our facility.
- A Client Screening Waiver must be completed on the day of service or yoga class either via our online option through conﬁrmations or in person on the day of service.
- We will not honour appointments or classes with anyone who is displaying symptoms or has afﬁrmed on the waiver that they have symptoms; or afﬁrmed travel internationally or inter-provincially.
- Team members are also screened daily with the same guidelines as client screening.
- While all steps will be taken to prevent cancellations on our part, we may not be able to honour your appointment if your scheduled provider displays symptoms on the day of your treatment.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Due to the close contact nature of spa treatments; your treatment provider will be wearing both a face mask and a shield during your treatment to protect both themselves and our clients. Yoga teachers will have this plus gloves when handing out lemon grass scented towels after class.
- Support team members have also been issued shields and masks
- Mask usage is mandatory for all guests in client common areas such as locker rooms, lounges, and the caldarium.
- Mask usage is recommended in our pedicure room due to the enclosed nature of the space. Our chairs are distanced six feet apart and there are curtains separating treatment spaces, however based on room capacity, the extra measure of client masks is advised.
- Clients are asked to bring their own personal use mask or one can be purchased at our front desk before entering our client common areas within the facility.
- Students may remove their masks once on their mats.
- Yoga Classes are limited to 15 students with mat placement clearly marked.
Renewed Sanitation and Practices
- Guests are asked to maintain social distance whenever possible.
- A hand sanitizing station is located in the front reception and guests will be asked to sanitize upon arrival.
- Spa clients will be asked to wash their hands in the treatment room prior to the start of select services.
- Disinfected spa sandals are still available, however guests are welcome to bring their own indoor use sandals.
- Spa and yoga lounge seating will be sprayed with a soft surface disinfectant, and and marked as sanitized between guests.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning and sanitizing our client common areas including showers, relaxation spaces, lockers, locker rooms, and lobby area with medical grade products.
- Food and beverage service has been suspended; single use water is available in the spa lounge for spa guests. There is a tap for yoga with sanitizer next to it.
- Treatment spaces and the yoga studio have always been sanitized with medical grade products, however we have increased these protocols, controls and monitoring of sanitation practises between clients and minimized the contact points during treatment set-up.
- To increase locker room monitoring controls, lockers will be assigned to spa guests and sanitized between use.
- Client outerwear such as jacket and coats will not be collected and stored in our front closet. Please use your supplied locker.
- Cash payments are still accepted but we encourage guests to use contactless methods such as credit card or debit card payments.
- We ask our patrons to please ask for assistance with all retail products and to reduce contact.
- Clothing will be steamed and stored for 24 hours following client contact, if not purchased.
May 29 UPDATE:
We are in the preliminary stages of planning for our re opening of our spa. Upon announcing the first phase of economic reopening the government of Alberta indicated that the second phase would occur following June 19. We are tentatively scheduling Spa appointments as of June 22nd. This date is entirely dependent on approval by the governing bodies in Alberta. We will notify as soon as possible of any changes to your new booking as a result of government approval delays.
In order to commence the recall of our talented team we are gauging our needs based on client bookings.
In order to ensure public safety, we will be implementing various measures. We will commence operations with fewer appointment availability and as such specific treatment providers may not yet be available for bookings. We do have providers available to complete all of our treatment offerings including all med spa services, general esthetics and massage. Sanitation practises have been increased and our treatment team has been supplied with PPE such as face shields and masks. To ensure the health and safety of our clients and team members, we will be increasing our client screening prior to scheduled appointments and implementing a mask policy in client common areas. Further information on these new measures will be included in your appointment confirmations.
You can be assured that our re opening has been planned to provide you all the care and quality you have come to expect of Bliss MediSpa.
Appointments can be booked online or over the phone. Our spa booking schedule is currently updated to include June, July and August.
We so look forward to welcoming you back!
March 22 UPDATE:
It is with the heaviest of hearts that we announce the temporary suspension of appointments and classes at Bliss MediSpa effective March 22. As social distancing is an important part of the halt of this virus, we feel that for the safety of our team and our clients/students we must close our doors for the time being.
At this time, we are planning on reopening the spa on April 13 and are booking appointments on that date. Anything that was booked after that date will be left on the schedule. We will reopen yoga as soon as the government allows. As this is a fluid situation, we will monitor as this pandemic evolves and will be in contact with the Bliss family if the date changes. Our team is busy contacting everyone with appointments during this time as we do still have some availability through Saturday, and feel confident in the safety and sanitation of our facility. We will have a skeleton staff on during this time to answer calls, emails and arrange product pickups and delivery!
To maintain your home skin health routine and encourage your home-based yoga practise, we are happy to present the option of online shopping for all of our retail offerings. We will deliver to your home free of charge or have curb-side pickup available during this time period (we will contact you after the purchase to arrange delivery/pickup). Gift cards are still available on-line and can be emailed to the recipient for any special occasions coming up! We will have a skeleton staff on hand each day to answer any questions you may have.
We will also be launching our online yoga options so stay tuned as we put this in place. As well, all current yoga passes will be extended once we are back and running!
We can’t express our gratitude enough at the outpouring of support of our Bliss Family. Our small business and our 50 employees are dependent upon this community and we thank you so much for your patronage and positive words. We cannot wait to open our doors again! Stay safe and stay positive!
In accordance with the Government of Canada, if you have travelled outside Canada, it is important to monitor your health when you return to Canada. While abroad, you may have come in contact with the novel coronavirus. PHAC asks that you monitor your health for fever, cough and difficulty breathing for 14 days after you arrive in Canada.
For the safety of our staff and clients, we are asking that anyone who has been travelling internationally or has come in contact with someone who has been travelling within the last two weeks to reschedule their appointments or cancel attendance to one of our yoga offerings until after a two-week waiting period to ensure the safety of the public and our team. In addition to screening upon arrival for yoga and spa, we have also decreased yoga class sizes for social distancing. As is always the case, if you have any symptoms related to colds, flus or COVID-19, please reschedule your appointment. We will be waiving our cancellation policy for these instances.
As of March 17, 2020, we have closed all of our yoga offerings due to the close proximity of our students. It was a difficult decision to make but in the best interest of our students and teachers.
As an internal company measure, we have also imposed a two-week return to work waiting period for any of our team members who have been travelling internationally or have been in contact with travellers. Bliss MediSpa has always had the highest standards for cleanliness and we will continue to do our part with the use of medical grade cleaning solutions and the continued adherence to thorough cleaning procedures of our entire facility.